Women’s Institute speaker – Midlands
I have never actively advertised my services as a speaker on the subject of magic; but over the years I have done a fair bit of public speaking about the subject I am passionate about.
I have spoken at a few rotary clubs, Womens Institutes, specialist clubs as well as lectured to magic clubs.
Although based in Nottingham I am happy to travel to where ever and even deliver on Zoom or other online platform.
So what does my speech cover??
Well I appreciate there are many things that people like to see, learn and hear about but in essence.
- A brief history of magic – from the beginnings to how the market has changed to where we are now both for live and televised performances
- How I got started in magic – My first gig and where to learn
- A brief description of the type of performances I do and the modern magician
- A show with lots of interaction and tricks – This is visual magic with stacks of helpers and lots of magic covering different aspects of magic. Self working magic, super hard close up magic as well as mentalism.
- An explanation and demonstration of a few tricks principles. The tricks explained will be some from the show and some which will be attainable with very little practice.
- Anecdote from an event – I speak openly about some of the funniest and weirdest events and activities I have encountered in the last 20 years as a magician.
- Question and Answers – heres a chance to ask anything you like about the world of magic, tricks, where to learn, talent shows etc etc
Women’s Institute speaker
I can of course tailor accordingly the session with both duration as well as delivery method.
Below is the advert for a local WI which I am delivering a presentation via zoom this eve
If you are getting married soon, I also perform at weddingshttps://www.alexmagic.co.uk/wedding-magician/